As a luxury real estate specialist in waterfront and oceanfront residences, I have had the luxury of mixing business with pleasure. Since late 2014, I have invested in my passion for luxury real estate by establishing Florida Luxurious Properties. Florida Luxurious Properties is a boutique brokerage with a team of 18 assertive and entrepreneurial associates eager to apply their expertise to exceed customer expectations. As an enthusiast and member of the small business sector in South Florida, I would like to thank small business owners whom I have had the privilege to work or engage with for the high level of customer service which now serves as a fundamental pillar for my business.
As the economy continues to strengthen, resilient small businesses (those with less than 50 employees) rise to meet challenges making great strides. According to the Florida Department of Financial Services, small businesses represent about 75% of Florida’s $754-billion gross domestic product and employs more than 2 million representing 98.9% of all employers. In the spirit of National Small Business Week, here is more good news as small business strengthens the national economy:-
- The American Express OPEN Small Business Monitor latest survey of Florida small business owners finds 71% plan to grow their business over the next six months, while more than a quarter of business owners are planning to hire in the next six months.
- According to the 2015 State of Small Business Report, of the 53,186 businesses that opened in 2013, 78.5% survived through 2014 and one out of three working Floridians is employed by a small business.
- The long term survival rate of small businesses sits at 80 percent higher than in 1977; which is almost 40 years of longer lasting operations.
- Lending institutions in Florida extended a total of $10.2 billion small business loans, and of these loans 96% were microloans less than $100,000.
- 90% of those who applied for a business loan between 2013 and 2015 got approved.
- 2016 marks the fourth consecutive year of improved net profits for business less than $5million in annual revenue and current trends indicate 2017 maybe the fifth!
These impressive statistics support and drive the continued growth and quality opportunities available for small business owners to thrive under the Florida sun. As a member of this community and a real estate professional, I have been privileged to also serve national and international customers in their relocation to the Sunshine State by assisting them in their search for their ideal residence and connecting them through my local network. Visit FloridaLuxurious.com or call me Julie Jones-Bernard for a confidential chat on 954 328 3665 for insights on the local real estate market and community!