At a recent Kaufman Rossin & Co. CEO Roundtable Breakfast to discuss their 2015 Broward Executive Survey, conducted in partnership with The Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance, Broward business leaders echoed each other’s optimism in saying business continues to grow across all industries, and demand is high for talented and qualified workers.
Here are the trends sited in the 2015 Broward Executive Survey:
- 76% of business leaders report the health of their business is better today than one year ago—up 10% from the previous two years.
- 90% expect a healthier business in the coming year.
- 60% expect to increase staff.
- 40% of businesses conduct at least 50% of their business solely in Broward County.
- Almost 86% conduct business through the entire United States.
- 21% of businesses expect distribution to grow in the United States.
Top Business Priorities:
- Marketing and Technology continue as the top areas of investment since 2012.
- Developing new products or markets.
- Finding qualified professionals.
- Staying on top of technology changes.
Pros and Cons about Conducting Business in Broward County:
- Overwhelmingly, all leaders applauded Broward as a great place to work and live—noting the friendliness of people and the “entrepreneurial spirit of professionals”, attractive geography and weather, proximity to offshore markets, and cost of living and working.
- Lack of vision on the part of the government system was a concern, and the need for better mass transit.
- Lack of experience, qualified job applicants.
Finally, 21% of business leaders said, “I can’t think of anything I don’t like about it (business in Broward).” To read the complete survey, see: http://group.kaufmanrossin.com/survey-results-2015-broward-executive.html
So, we suggest, why wait? The survey says it all. Despite growing pains, Broward continues to thrive as a national and international destination. Bring your business and/or your professional talent to Fort Lauderdale and join us in enjoying one of the best vacation life-styles Under the Florida Sun!